The following processes usually take place when the bank receives the beneficiary's documents:
Document Scrutiny: The bank's trade finance division thoroughly examines each document received. They check the paperwork to make sure it complies with the restrictions laid out in the letter of credit or trade finance agreement. This entails confirming that the necessary documents are offered, accurate, and meet the established requirements.
Discrepancy Check: The bank compares the received documents to the conditions stated in the letter of credit or trade finance agreement. The beneficiary is informed by the bank if any errors or inconsistencies are found. The beneficiary will have a chance to respond to this notification and make any necessary corrections or clarifications within the allotted period.
Payment or Acceptance: As the clean documents meet all the requirements, the bank proceeds with the payment or acceptance process as agreed upon in the trade finance arrangement.
How to Process the Documents in Rivo:
- You will find the deal on the main page in Doc Presented Status once you have received the documents from the Beneficiary.
- When you click the three dots, you will have the choice to process the documents.
- The Example Provided Below Will Aid You In Processing Clean Documents
You'll get the Status "Doc Processed- Clean, once you've finished the aforementioned processes.
- The Listed Example Will Help You Process Discrepant Documents
You'll get the Status "Doc Processed- Disc, once you've finished the aforementioned processes.
Handling Export LC available by "Mixed Payment"
- Login as beneficiary user
- Create Doc Presentation under the Export LC available by "Mixed Payment".
- Enter the presentation details and add installments
- Click on Add Installment
- Now, enter the amount (50 pct of the document amount) and Due Date as "90 days + current date"
- Check if the Tenor Days field is disabled.
- "Save and Continue" is now enabled.
- Sign the Document Presentation transaction.
Note: If the document is discrepant, a new drawing must be created; the documents for the same drawing cannot simply be represented.
Consequently, the Beneficiary is unable to provide a partial presentation because the Beneficiary is unable to offer the follow-up documents for this drawing.