Start entering the Export LC details:
- Enter your unique reference no. for this Export LC. It is be used during the entire Export LC lifecycle.
- Enter the equally important Issuing Bank reference no. as it appears in the SWIFT field 20: Documentary Credit Number.
- Enter the validity period of which is determined by the values in the:
- Start date: Copy the date from SWIFT field 31: Date of Issue
- Expiry date: Copy the date from SWIFT field 31D: Date and Place of Expiry
- Place of Expiry: Copy the text from SWIFT field 31D after the expiry date.
- The LC amount: Copy the amount from SWIFT field 32B, which also includes:
- Currency: The bank advice may include the currency written in full or only the abbreviation. The RIVO dropdown list provided displays the currency symbol, abbreviation and a long name, for example: $ USD-US Dollar.
The LC amount may also have a Tolerance denominated in a + and a - percentage. When relevant, the tolerance is in SWIFT field 39A, where the first two digits refer to the + tolerance and the second 2 digits refer to the - tolerance.
If the SWIFT field 39C is populated, also enter also enter the Additional Amounts Covered details.
Once entered information for all fields, click 'Save & Continue' button on the right corner.
Note : According to SWIFT SR2023 changes, the fields "Shipment From", "Port/Airport of Departure", "Port/Airport of Destination" and "Shipment To" should be updated with the below-mentioned logic.
- Allow entering max 140 characters.
- support the SWIFT character set Z.
For the fields in RIVO "Shipment From", "Port/Airport of Departure", "Port/Airport of Destination" and "Shipment To", the data entered should be validated as per the SWIFT Z characters set mentioned above.
When data entered in the above-mentioned fields do not follow the rule of the Z characters set, RIVO should throw a warning message.
The warning message here shouldn't be a usual toast message. It should be similar to error messages displayed in RIVO. But the user should still be allowed to save and continue to the next card. RIVO shouldn't stop the user from proceeding with processing the deal.
WARNING message "The highlighted characters are supported by RIVO but might not be supported by the industry channel. Please consider rephrasing." should appear in orange and the characters which are not part of the SWIFT Z character set should be highlighted in red.