Start entering the Export LC details:
- Enter your unique reference no. for this Export LC. It is be used during the entire Export LC lifecycle.
- Enter the equally important Issuing Bank reference no. as it appears in the SWIFT field 20: Documentary Credit Number.
- Enter the validity period of which is determined by the values in the:
- Start date: Copy the date from SWIFT field 31: Date of Issue
- Expiry date: Copy the date from SWIFT field 31D: Date and Place of Expiry
- Place of Expiry: Copy the text from SWIFT field 31D after the expiry date.
- The LC amount: Copy the amount from SWIFT field 32B, which also includes:
- Currency: The bank advice may include the currency written in full or only the abbreviation. The RIVO dropdown list provided displays the currency symbol, abbreviation and a long name, for example: $ USD-US Dollar.
The LC amount may also have a Tolerance denominated in a + and a - percentage. When relevant, the tolerance is in SWIFT field 39A, where the first two digits refer to the + tolerance and the second 2 digits refer to the - tolerance.
If the SWIFT field 39C is populated, also enter also enter the Additional Amounts Covered details.
Once entered information for all fields, click 'Save & Continue' button on the right corner.